Tuesday, January 2, 2018

HAPPY NEW YEAR



I remember when I was around 19 or 20 years old, living on my own with my big sister, my mom told us she was coming to visit us.  I love my mom so much and anytime she would come visit was such a treat and a time I really enjoyed because I missed her so much.  
I remember just feeling sooo excited leading up to the day she would arrive.  The night before I was overwhelmed with excitement and expectation that I couldn't really sleep.  I was basically up all night waiting for the phone call early early morning that she had arrived and then I'd know to go pick her up at the airport.  And when I got that call and hurried on over to the airport I was so eager to see her face and when I did, I jumped out of the car to give her a HUGE HUG!!!! The whole time I was filled with this exciting anticipation and expectancy because I knew she was coming and I knew it was going to be a wonderful time.

For a while now the Lord has brought these two words into my vocabulary: EXPECTANT & BREAKTHROUGH! 

But the word Expectant is what i'll talk about today.  What does that mean?

--------------------------------------------------------------
Expectant: 
having or showing an excited feeling that something is about to happen, especially something pleasant and interesting.
                              synonyms:eagerexcited, psyched, agog, waiting with bated breath, hopeful
--------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know about you but even just reading the definition makes me feel all those things!! 

I'm coming into the New Year with a GREAT EXPECTANCY that GOD WILL DO ONLY WHAT HE CAN DO!!! 
I believe that when we come into a place of EXPECTANCY it's because we've coming into a place KNOWING he will fulfill the promises he's made and we've come into AGREEMENT with the Heavenly Things.  When we come into agreement with Him then we've come into a place of FAITH and where there is Faith - there is MIRACLES & BREAKTHROUGH - that's where you see THE MOVE OF GOD!!!

I'm reminded of the book of Acts and just before Jesus ascended into Heaven He told his disciples to stay in Jerusalem and wait for the Promise of the Father that they will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.  And when that would happen, they will also receive power and become witnesses to Jesus in Jerusalem and in all Judea, Samaria and to the ends of the earth. (Acts 1:4-8)

These disciples/friends of Jesus knew him to be someone who they can take at his word.  When Jesus told them of the promise that was to come and be fulfilled - they waited and I believe, with Great Expectancy.  They KNEW it was going to happen, they had FAITH that they would receive the Holy Spirit and power and that gave way for the MOVE OF GOD to happen in their lives.  

The promise Jesus left for his friends is the same promise he left for us and sooooo much more!!!!

I know it can be hard to come into this place sometimes because we've been disappointed by the world in more ways than one but I want to encourage you friend, to fill your mind and heart with the things of God.  What has he whispered to you?  What are the written promises He's left for you in His word?  Who are you to Him? When you know His heart for you - you will know that He is a God who will never let you down.  He does have quite a solid record of never breaking a promise 😉

God is waiting for a people who will stand with Great Expectancy and Great Faith so He can come in and do what only He can do.  And I believe the world is waiting for such a people too.

2018 a year of GREAT EXPECTANCY!!!!
#YES&AMEN




No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird