Friday, February 9, 2018

TIPS TO CREATING A HEALTHY "WORKING FROM HOME" SPACE


I'm currently in the process of turning my garage into my NEW OFFICE!!!
And I AM SOOO EXCITED!!!

Stepping into the Entrepreneurial life has taught me that I need to:

- be organized -> work wise (which is not easy for a creative lol)
- create systems (can I just hire someone to do them)
- and have my own space (coz I live in a FULL HOUSE)

So this year I am making it a point to create my own space to 

First off:
get out of my families way (whom have been very gracious btw and putting up with my clutter EVERYWHERE), to get out of the living room and the dining room!!!

Second:
to create healthy boundaries for myself so that I can be honorable in my work and give it the time it needs.

Third:
for my SANITY.  Working at home has such a fine line that it can be really hard to find balance.  Living in a full house makes it's difficult to stay on track because of all the distractions.  

So this is 
MY JOURNEY TO 
A HEALTHY "WORKING FROM HOME" SPACE 

I live in a pretty small town home with 4 other adults so we do have A TON of stuff.  Over the years we've been down sizing and getting rid of things that's why the garage if FULL!!

Ok - first things first:
I need to clear out my garage :)

Not very many people outside of my circle know that I actually enjoy moving things around and creating new spaces.  That's what i'll be doing and throughout my journey, i'll post some creative and hopefully helpful tips/ideas to YOU - who are on the same journey as me or those who are wanting a change but don't know where to start.

Here's my VERY FIRST TIP:  

*Have a vision.  Take a moment and think/picture it: if you could have your own space, what would it look like?
*Write it out or draw it out - whatever works for you.  
*Look at the space you have and see if it's possible to create that vision.  If not then go back to the drawing board and see how you can tweak it.  Tweaking doesn't mean you have to forgo your vision, it just means you have to revise a bit ;)

My vision for my office is to have:

1) A carpet because I LOVE SITTING ON THE FLOOR
2) A spacious desk ( not too big but not too small either)
3) A place to have my Quiet times with the Lord


LETS SEE HOW THIS GOES!!
I'm excited & I hope this helps someone đź’–

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird