Friday, November 10, 2017

BEAUTY IN THE IMPERFECT LINES







This year has been so full of breakthroughs.  Breaking through Fears I wasn't even aware of and really learning to ALWAYS lean on the Lord and TRUST HIM 💖  because at the end of the day - it's always in The Lords Hands.  And I am soooo ok with that!!!! Rather Him lead than me trying to make my own way/path and because lets face it, His path is ALWAYS BETTER anyway 😉.

This might seem so small but i've been learning to be free of fear even in creating.  My hands aren't as steady as they used to be and I am one to have always steered clear of colors (you could ask all my art teachers).  Black & white, pencil sketches and unrefined lines were my thing.  I could get really really particular  if I let myself.  If I wanted something to look refined I could spend soooo much time in making sure that line was straight, those colors blended just perfect and everything was centered.  But the truth is, I would waste & wasted sooo much time because to be quite frank - nothing can ever be perfect!!!!  So I would give up and just stick with black and white, sketches and unrefined lines because that's where I always felt free to be imperfect.  And It was good to stay in that zone but I was also missing out on what could be.  The colors that could make a black and white picture come to life.  Seeing where my creativity could go and grow.  And seeing a richer creation unfold.

Many many years later, I drew something and decided to paint with water colors.  I was afraid at first but I did it anyway.  What went through my mind as I started painting was: "I love this!"  Yes, it was obvious to me that my hands were shaky, the lines were unrefined, the colors didn't blend perfectly but I found beauty in the imperfect lines.  

I couldn't help but Thank the Lord that He gives beauty to the imperfect - which makes it just perfect.
My choice to paint in spite of my fear - that in itself may seem small outwardly but it's a HUGE step inwardly into breaking off fear.  Every time I decide to create and create with colors - I still find myself at times being overwhelmed with fear that it wont look perfect together or people wont like it.  But then I take a step back, take a deep breath and remember to create out from my own heart.  

There is beauty and perfection in the imperfect and folks - THAT'S ME // THAT'S US.
Imperfect because of sin but made perfect because of his redemption.  God has never called us to be perfect - He just calls us and even loves every shaky line, every non-blended color and every raw & unfinished sketch - Then attaches a Heavenly beauty!!!  WE'VE BEEN GIVEN LIFE!!! How incredible is that!!!!

I remember Peter just being a fisherman, unbridled and without education from any prestigious school turned into the very man God used to build His Church.  I remember Paul who was a Christian assassin turned into one of the most unforgotten Christian/Jesus followers.  I remember the Samaritan Woman at the well who was an adulterer turned into one of the First to be told by Jesus Himself, that He is Christ the Messiah.  

There are so many things God wants to unlock inside of us.  I want to encourage us not to live our lives for the sake of people but to just FREELY LIVE & WITHOUT FEAR!!!  Those are the times where we will see the unlocking of deeper things within.  Where black & white is given color and life.  Where beauty becomes unveiled 💖.




This is Walkin With Joy
my simple extraordinary life




No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird