Tuesday, March 1, 2016

"THE LOVE OF GOD SETS FREEDOM IN MOTION"

The Love of God sets freedom in motion.

Meeting with these ladies for the last time of the year 2015,  I had no structure but just the freedom to let that time with them go anywhere.  We laughed, joked and caught up but then the conversation took a turn and we ended up sharing “matters of the Heart” (love these!!)  Such a raw and real time with these girls when we stepped into this question:

What would you say is the hardest thing you’ve experience heart wise?

To their discretion I wont disclose that information but with their permission,  here are the responses of their heart and gratitude to the Lord in words:

How did it show God’s goodness?

Jenna: 
"I think it made me realize no matter how much shame you feel about something, nothing can separate you from God’s love.  Yeah, I felt so ashamed.  If everyone knew about the situation I went through then maybe people would understand.  I never knew anyone who did, but at the end of it all, no matter how ashamed you feel, God is always there.  I learned to see myself the way God sees me.  To place worth in myself.  I put everything I am in a person and it was never enough and I always wanted more.  I realized it’s only in God that I can be satisfied.  AHH, I'M SO LOVED, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!"

Jasmine: 
"I hid somethings from my parents.  My step mom had a feeling there was something fishy and I eventually got caught.  But I kept on doing it afterwards.  I did things, some shamefull things and at the end of the day, found out that I was being betrayed.  Now having gone through that, I now know I don’t need a person to feel loved but that I am already loved by God.  I don’t need to search for love through other outlets.  Someone already loves you.  You don’t need a man to fill that void.  He already does."

What are you expectant for in 2016?

Jenna: 
"Changes, a lot of changes.  Especially in me.  Becoming an adult and what that means to be an adult who loves God and follow him.  I’m experiencing a lot of new things.  I’m excited!! I look forward to it but it’s also a bit scary in a way because i don’t know what the future holds but I’m excited!!"

Jasmine:  
"I think i can say theres going to be one big change you know.  And you know adjusting to that is going to take a while.  I’m going to need to be praying a lot because moving and stuff wont be easy because it’s not something i’m not quite ready for even though i say i am.  I know it’s something my family needs to do.  I’m just ready as much as I can be.  But I know God will be there with me guiding me."  

I sat there in awe of His goodness.  I found myself in tears while sitting with these ladies.  Completely humbled that they allow me to walk with them in their journey.  But most of all it’s because THEY GOT IT!!!  They’ve discovered/rediscovered their VERY FIRST LOVE!!  

Love is a Noun isn’t about learning how to memorize the whole bible,  it's not about head knowledge and it's not about learning how to do more things for God but a time to learn how to simply sit at the feet of Jesus, discover the Heart of God, your identity in Christ and the richness of His love.  That He is the Very Person who satisfies our Souls.

When we answer the call to a Deeper Intimacy with God then the Overflow begins!


This is WALKIN' WITH JOY
my life as a missionary.




No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird