Friday, March 25, 2016

"THANK GOODNESS IT'S FRIDAY"




Last year was such a year of mourning, sorrow, rivers of tears and healing but once 2016 rolled up, the Lord said "IT'S TIME!"


Only two weeks into January, the Lord woke me up in the wee hours of the morning (which He tends to do to a lot in these BIG MOMENTS haha) and simply says:

 "Rio, i'm giving you your passion and voice back.  LET'S GO HARD."

I couldn't go back to sleep right away after that!!!!

My simple prayer was that this year, I would meet new women who are so hungry, unafraid and serious about knowing Him but who are also unashamed to go hard to make Him known and makes Disciples.  That a true movement would begin here in the Bay Area.

Crazy thing is that I didn't search for them nor were they "highlighted"  it was through simple obedience to just say "Hello" that things quickly went down the road to diving deeper in "This God we know or hear people talk about."

Connecting with each of them was so orchestrated by God through ways least expected.  





One, I met at Kipling while she was working at Valley Fair Mall,  the other we connected because we heard each other "singing in harmony",  another lady through the talk of salsa dancing which lead to scheduling a coffee date and the other just in passing whom which has unforgettable golden locks that radiate :) These encounters led to forever kingdom friendships.


These women have enriched my life to say the least.  Their beautiful, humble and obedient hearts push me to keep on going.  I am honored to be a part of their Journey/Season in Discovering God.




All I do is open my home on Fridays :)

Giving Thanks,  sharing struggles, Praying for one another, Diving into the Living/breathing Word of God and unpacking the richness of it then setting active goals to walk in Obedience while celebrating each other at the same time, has become our Culture.

Fridays have become one of my absolute favorites!!!


                                                                                   
 Today, one of the ladies shared this:

"I've felt that I need something in my life again and then I met you at my work.  Being back in Fellowship with people who worship God, has really been a great help.  I used to easily attack others and now I feel just happier." 


And another said:

"My life has completely changed and I know it started when I decided to really choose to know God intimately and join this Dischipleship group."

These women are WORLD CHANGERS and there's absolutely nothing that will stop them from pursing the very love of their lives.  Watch out Devil because these ladies are walking in the Power of God Almighty!!!

#ReachingTheBayOneHeartAtaTime

"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you.  And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere--in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria and to the ends of the earth." -Acts 1:8

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird