Monday, January 26, 2015

"LOVE IS A NOUN"

 
 

 
About two years ago,  the Lord was speaking to me about discipleship.
Not just the idea of discipleship but Stepping into True Discipleship.  For many years I only really knew half of what making disciples looked like and for many years a big part of me drew away from it because I knew how much sacrifice it would require and I wasn't sure if I was ready or even willing to sacrifice beyond my comfort zone and I didn't think I knew enough to disciple effectively.
 
But about 2years ago,  I found my heart desiring to truly know what that meant.
How could I really walk out the great commission to "Go and make disciples."
 
During my YWAM journey is where I discovered what I lacked in, which halted me from really knowing what it meant to make disciples.  And that was knowing my True Identity in Christ.  Knowing the Fathers heart for me.  Knowing that I can receive His love too!
 
Believe it or not, I lacked so much in the Love department.  I found myself unknowingly finding my identity in the ministries I would do in church,  in the good deeds I would do and in the approval I would receive from church members.  I never even knew how many wounds I had in my heart that kept me from receiving the True Love of the Father.  I grew up with so many things being Head Knowledge instead of Heart Knowledge.  I think that's what I struggled with so much being a Christian.  I knew there was more.  That there needed to be a deeper heart connect.  But I just didn't know how to get there.
 
About a year and a half ago,  God used three separate events and people to tell me that
"God loves me and it's His desire for me to truly know His Love and that I could receive it too."
 
The Lord sought me out.  And all I did was obey and open my heart to receive.
That was when I began to discover the great Love the Father has for me.  I was wrecked!  I always knew of an unfailing love like this but this was the first time I ever experienced it. 
THE RICH LOVE OF GOD! 
And there's absolutely nothing I did to deserve it.  It's simply because of who He is!  And he tells me that there is absolutely nothing that can separate me from it!

I found myself in a position where I couldn't help but respond to it.
I found my heart simply loving God back with all I have. (flawed and all)

The Lord told me that my Life as a Missionary would begin at home.  I began to see among others things, why and one of them was to begin a womens discipleship group called
#LoveIsANoun.

The heart of this group is to Discover for ourselves who God is!
His Love for Us,  His Love for others and a Love for Obeying His word as we walk in Love&Truth day by day!




 
 
 
 Meet Abegail.  This Fire Ball of a lady is a Natural Born Leader. She leads her life with endless passion,  creativity and heart.  It's in her DNA to make an impact anywhere she's placed in life and it's her hearts desire to Make Jesus Famous.  She may seem quite and shy but how she walks speaks volumes.  When she speaks,  it's as powerful as a drum.  Everything about her tells the world that she is a Jesus Lover and a Warrior.  I am Blessed to be a part of her life.





Meet Ashley.  This young lady has Fearless written all over her.  She may be small but her Love for Jesus is bigger than a whole army combined.  I have the privilege of seeing her step more and more into a Woman of Great Faith.  Even when oppositions stand before her,  she courageously chooses Jesus every time.  She also carries a gentle heart for people especially young kids.  She also isn't afraid to love.  I am blessed to be a part of her life.
 
 




Meet Chelsie.  This is a Song Bird right here.  She has an amazing gift of music and she dances in it with so much grace.  Her greatest expression is her music and it's her dream to make Jesus famous through it.  She is also a woman who walks in Unity.  She has an effortless gift of uniting people together and  without her even knowing (because it comes to natural to her) she stands/fights for peace.  I am blessed to be a part of her life.
 
 


                                                                            
Meet Bella.  This young lady right here is a Warrior who is built to be in the front lines of battle.  She is the Pioneer of her family.  She is the first in her immediate family to step in courage to follow Jesus.  She is the secret weapon :) that God is using to lead her family into salvation.  She is the baby in her family and the baby in this group.  But her fire is as big as the sun.  I am excited to see her fully step into her destiny.  Yes,  she is built for battle.  I am blessed to be a part of her life.
 
 
Meet Jenna.  This is a World Changer right here.  She walks in great obedience!  She is a perfect example of what an obedient daughter looks like.  For years,  she never thought her voice mattered but every time, I see her take back what satan has stolen from her.  She is meant to be a speaker, a teacher, an encourager and a leader.  A woman who Speaks Life.  She is one God is using to empower other women who never thought their voice mattered either.   Her gentle heart is fierce in making Jesus Famous.  I am blessed to be a part of her life.





This year is a year where we are challenging ourselves to Love Intentionally.

*To Intentionally Love the Lord Our God with all our Heart, Mind and Soul*
*To Intentionally Love our Neighbor as ourselves.*

We are challenging ourselves to Love beyond the surface. 
To Love where it's sacrificial, uncomfortable and beyond what we are capable of.
We want to LOVE LIKE JESUS!


I invite you to walk with us in Discovering the true Love of the Father.
Walkin with Joy - my life as a Missionary

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird