Wednesday, December 24, 2014

"A Stranger named Thomas"







Over time, I realized that I love surprises especially the simple ones.  But I noticed that it's really easy for me to catch on and usually figure out there is a surpise waiting for me.  Not that I love them any less but with the surpises my radar can't detect, I surprise myself with the genuine emotions that radiate from my heart.

Today was one of those days
I received a wonderful surpise.  And it was by a Stranger.
My sister, a couple of wonderful friends and I decided to get some French Macarons at a dessert place called CoCola.  We enjoy their decedant flavors of mango, hazelnut and caramel.  My sister and I usually get the big size macarons because it's only once in a while we eat them.  But when our best friend (Ica from Maryland) came to visit, we went there about 2 or 3 times.  There, we met one of the workers. 
Our visit before this one,  He said to my sister and I;
"I always see you guys here.  What are your names?" 
We responded with telling him our names and asked for his. 
 His name is Thomas. 
Today he was there! 
Even though we've only known him for a total of a few minutes,  it was a joy to see him.  My sister and I ordered 3 French Macarons costing $2.99 each.  After ringing me up,  He gave me a receipt to sign totaling $5.98. 
After signing, I looked at the total and I said to myself:
"This can't be right." 
I then looked up at Thomas and asked:
"Thomas, did you only charge me for two?" 
He winks at me and says:
 "Yes." 
He then does the same for my sister and we stood there filled with shock and gratitude at the same time because it didn't make sense to us.  We were total strangers.  He has no clue that our dad just passed away.  He has no idea what our hearts are going through.  But at that moment we couldn't help but tell him exactly how we felt. 
"Thomas, You are Amazing and you just blessed us today.  Thank you for blessing us"
is what we said and he proceeds to bless us with this: 
"Thank you guys.  Just seeing you guys made my day." 
This was truly unexpected.  But with that and the simplicity of it, made it amazing all the more.

What Great Love the Father has for us. 
It's been a month and a half since my Dad passed away and the greetings, the check ups, the "going out of our way to help", the texts and messages have subsided and people are now going about their everyday routines while my family and I are still facing this road where our "everday routine" will never be the same.   Just when it seemed the "more than average" outpouring of love began to die down,  the Father showed me today that His outpouring of Love NEVER ENDS. 
He constantly shows our family that He still sees us when it seems like others don't and today He did it through a stranger!  Through Thomas,  not only was I reminded that
GOD LOVES TO SURPRISE US
but he constantly wants to remind us how he sees us.  Can you image what a Good Father we have and as His children, "Just seeing us, makes His day."
I Am falling more and more in Love with my Savior.


This is 'Walkin With Joy'
MY LIFE AS A MISSIONARY

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird