Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Don't be afraid to Dream



"Don't be afraid to Dream Big because we have a Big God....."

were the words that stayed with me a few years back during one of the greatest seasons I've had in my life.  I was encouraged to look deep within and see the dreams that God had ready for us before we were even created.  These past few years i've been tuning into the hidden treasures God placed inside my heart. 

It makes me feel like a little Child who's father had planted little treasures in the back yard lawn for his daughter to find.  Each treasure carefully chosen with great purpose and a joy bursting forth for both father and daughter when each are found.  This treasure hunting has been so fulfilling!!!  

Those that know my story know the trauma i've experienced as a child and carried with me for years.  God has been bringing so much healing to my life and filling me with an even greater Joy and Life.  After a counseling session, I had realized that not only have I had to grow up so fast but I also had to learn to survive.  I've been living on survival mode for a very long time.  That very revelation sparked something inside of me.

When the Lord called me to full time ministry a few years ago, it was one of the best "jobs" ever!!! Stepping into a life of Faith was one of the scariest but best decisions i've ever made.  I saw God move in ways i'd never seen before.  But after my dad passed away, I had to find a part time job to help my family financially (which I was happy to do) but I didn't realize that over time I lost the balance between doing what he has called me to do and doing the job I applied to do.  I started scheduling everything around my job.  My reliance and security of finances have been placed in the job and not fully on the Lord any longer.  That's when I knew my heart posture was wrong.  I praise the Lord because He has a way of reviving us and reminding us of who He created us to be and what He has chosen us for.  He knows what's destructive and what's productive.  He knows what's life stealing rather than life giving.  If we tune into His spirit,  He reveals, always.  I took on my latest job to help my family and help us survive.  In fact, every job i've taken in the pass was to just survive (and I understand sometimes it needs to be done) but I realized that I don't want to just survive any longer, I want to LIVE!!!

I wan't to live out the Dreams God has placed inside of me.  I want to tap into the fullness of God's will and calling over my life.  So that's what i'm choosing to do.  I've discovered that the Spirit of the Lord has marked me with His Joy.  Walking with Joy everyday is a privilege and a choice.  It shines I find, when I have the freedom to simply creating but creating with purpose brings me GREAT Joy.  I never believed in myself or had the confidence to go far with the things these simple hands could create.  But I realized that I was essentially saying that I lacked belief and confidence in God, the abilities he has given me and what He can do through them.

This is my dream....

To create with Purpose!

To start a hand crafted business that will help me reach a place of financial freedom to support my dream to Counsel women, FREE OF CHARGE and provide a safe place for them to lay their hearts bare.. 

To live out the call to "Heal the Broken hearted" (Isaiah 61) and fulfill my hearts deepest desire which is to walk with women into wholeness and freedom.  

I want every women I have the honor of meeting with to know that there is a God who loves them beyond their wildest dreams and absolutely adores them.   Through Him their identities and worth would be restored.  That they could confidently stand on this truth, that Lord is their Father and they are His beloved daughters.  And he too has placed dreams/treasures inside of them waiting to be found.  I want to share God's incredible Joy.


So.......

 I'm bravely and fearlessly opening up a 'Walkin with Joy' shop filled with simple handcrafted creations as a way to accomplish this dream that is bigger than myself.

God doesn't leave us lacking anything.  He can give us the ability to create as a way to accomplish such things.  My hope is this dream would also grow into a small business that can provide jobs for a few women who need work for a season, women who need a safe place to create, women who find that creating brings healing and therapy and most of all, will free up my time to actively have coffee, bible studies, discipleship and intentional friendship.

I'm believing that God will bring this into fruition.  Will you believe with me!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are Local: Stay tuned for Upcoming Launch Party details
If you are a non-local: Esty shop will be open soon after ;)

1 comment:



blogger template by lovebird