Monday, December 8, 2014

"I'm OK but not OK and it's OK!"


Just knowing that being a Christian doesn't mean I have to be perfect is so freeing.
Just knowing that I can still Worship in my mourning is comforting.
Just knowing that I can still be Joyful in my weeping is strengthening.
Choosing Joy isn't dependent on ones actions or outward appearance but simply ones heart choosing to remember the promises of God!
That even in our hurt and pain, he comes and steps right in it along side us.
He is not a distant God, he is the Almighty Loving God!
Who promises that we will not walk this life alone.
He is a God who is all knowing.
He came as a man not only to save us but so we too will know that there is nothing we can possibly go through that Jesus has not experienced himself!
He knows and He cares!
When we hurt, He hurts.  When we weep, He weeps.
And when we get to the point where we can't continue on, HE DOES, FOR US while carrying us at the same time.
He then turns our Mourning into Dancing
He then turns our Weeping into Laughing
He then turns our Sorrow into JOY.
He says:
"Cast all your cares upon me because I CARE FOR YOU."
1 Peter 5:7
You see,  this isn't a request.  This is a command!
What kind of King says give me all that is weighing heavy on you and I'll take care of it.  Not because I have to or someone told me to.  But because I want to. 
Simply because I Love you.
He says:
"Though the Sorrow may last for the night, JOY COMES IN THE MORNING"
Psalm 30:5
These, and so much more, are the promises my heart holds on to.
People keep asking me how am I doing.
And I'd like to say: "I'M OK" and end it at that.
But truth be told it's only half true,  I am ok but I'm also hurting.
And Hey, it's ok :)
How can that go hand in hand? It's simple. 
My flesh is hurting and it feels like there will forever be a piece of my heart missing But my Lord and Savior is Upholding me with his Righteous, comforting, gracious, loving Hand.

The Lord, being my Resting Place has been more tangible than ever.
I am choosing to take this season to let go of everything else and everyday
choose to step into His Resting Place.

God you are So Good!



This is 'Walkin' with Joy'
MY LIFE AS A MISSIONARY

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird